Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good News....Sort Of

I found out Friday that I will be teaching Kindergarten again next year. I am very excited to have this position because it is a permanent position which should keep me from having to move around anymore. I had my choice between either the Kindergarten position or a 4/5 combo class. I was more than happy to have the kinder. position!
The only downside is that we still do not know what is going to be cut from the district. If class size reduction is something that goes, I am in danger. Otherwise I should be okay. Something that could help my chances is if people write the local legislators and request they keep cuts out of schools that directly affect the students. We know cuts are evident but there are places they could cut before actually affecting the kids.
I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out.....keep praying for me and everyone who is involved with some kind of budget crisis.

No comments: